Members, Sponsors and Speakers,
As many of you have contacted myself and our team in the last few days, I am following up to everyone with this email to inform you our South Central Region Conference "Living On Tulsa Time" scheduled for April 15-17, 2020 in Tulsa, Oklahoma has been cancelled.
The Planning committee met virtually yesterday to discuss the current situation surrounding the COVID-19 virus, and after a lengthy discussion, it was determined our best form of action was to cancel the Conference. We reviewed other date options provided by the hotel, however with other scheduled events, they were not able to accommodate appropriate dates for us.
Please know this decision was not made lightly, and we reviewed several other options, however for the safety and well-being of our members, we could not proceed with the Conference.
As we all know, things are changing daily with COVID-19, and we agreed with so many uncertainties we can not, and will not put any of our members in harms way.
Please know and understand the following;
- Our treasurer is working on issuing refunds in full, back to everyone who has currently registered or signed up for a sponsorship for the Conference. This will take a few days to complete, so please be patient, as he is working through this.
- If you have already made reservations with the hotel, you will have to call them directly to cancel your reservation. 1-888-4HONORS (888-446-6677)
- The discussion has started in reference to holding the 2021 Conference in Tulsa, however more information on this will come at a future date.
- If you have submitted for awards, or if you would still like to submit for awards, we will extend the date due to April 15, 2020. Awards will be determined and at the 2021 Conference, the awards for 2019-2020 will be handed out.
- We are in discussion of having the region board meeting either virtually, or a small group in person later in our fiscal year, but prior to July 1, to complete the necessary elections and business typically conducted during our board meetings.
Construction Specification Institute
South Central Region President
Oklahoma City Chapter Director